Sat, Apr 09|
NRA Defensive Pistol
This is an intermediate class that includes learning to draw from a holster, emergency reloads, and multiple target engagement.
Time & Location
Apr 09, 2022, 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Savannah , Berwick Blvd, Savannah, GA 31419, USA
About the Event
This course focuses on personal defensive techniques and the development of a proper defensive mindset. The goal of the course is to develop in the student the knowledge, skills, and attitude to use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the importance of carrying and using a pistol responsibly and ethically for self defense.
2. How to apply the NRA rules for safe gun handling to concealed carry and present the pistol from concealment.
3. Understand the basic principles of concealment.
4. Make a decision between concealed and open carry.
5. Practice mental awareness of your surroundings.
6. Develop an effective mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection.
7. Practice techniques for avoiding armed confrontations before they occur.
8. Understand the physiological and psychological stresses that may occur during an attack.
10. Get on target with your pistol much more quickly using a flash sight picture.
11. Reload your pistol in a stressful situation.
12. Clear common stoppages, including dealing with jams & stoppages under stress.
13. Have a much better chance of retaining control of your pistol in an attack.
14. Understand the correct utilization of cover or concealment in a defensive situation.
What you need to have for this class:
+Service caliber pistol (.380 to .45 ACP....no .22's allowed)
+2 magazines and each magazine needs to hold at least 6 rounds
+Quality Kydex holster (NO RETENTION STRAPS OR INDEX FINGER RELEASE HOLSTERS ALLOWED
ON THE LINE! ** This is a SAFETY issue!) Some pocketbook holsters allowed with prior approval of the instructor.
+Sturdy gun belt
Please call us if you have any questions about this. We cannot allow you on the line without the proper equipment.
PRICE OF CLASS:
$185.00 per person
$165.00 per person if you are coming as a couple, or the returning student discount.
*$85.00 deposit due at the time of the class.
25% off Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement Discount.
**The deposit is refundable or transferrable as long as you cancel with 72 hours notice. If you cancel within the 72 hours, we can transfer you to another date one time. If you fail to show up the day of class or are more than 20 minutes late, barring SERIOUS illness, you will lose your deposit.
Deposit$85.00+$2.13 service fee