Sat, Jan 15|
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting 1/15/22
Learn how to shoot!
Time & Location
Jan 15, 2022, 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Berwick Boulevard, Berwick Blvd, Savannah, GA 31419, USA
About the Event
Although Basics of Pistol Shooting is considered a "basic" course, we at Emmaus Shooting & Defense, add significant extra content to the full NRA program. In addition to teaching general firearms safety and range safety, we follow the NRA program and give the student hands on in the classroom with handguns of several types. We start by using a blue plastic gun to learn the proper fundamentals of gun handling and grip. We teach the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship in the classroom by using laser simulators so the student can practice the fundamentals we teach before we ever go to the range. This makes for a very useful class for the complete novice right up to someone who wants to brush up on some rusty skills
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Safely handle and operate most varieties of modern handguns.
2. Understand how ammunition functions.
3. Obtain a proper stance and have a proper grip on the pistol.
3. Be proficient in the fundamentals of pistol handling.
4. Exhibit the proper fundamentals of pistol shooting.
5. Score targets to determine levels of qualification.
6. Pick the proper pistol to fit its primary purpose.
7. Have a basic understanding of how to clean and maintain a pistol
8. Identify future opportunities for pistol skills development.
COST FOR CLASS:
$130.00 per person
$115.00 per person if you come as a couple or returning student discount
*$60.00 deposit due at registration.
20% off Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement Discount. Cannont be used in conjunction with another discount.
Price includes the use of our .22 target pistol and the ammunition to shoot the NRA Qualifier at the range.
**The deposit is refundable or transferrable as long as you cancel with 72 hours notice. If you cancel within the 72 hours, we can transfer you to another date one time. If you fail to show up the day of class or are more than 20 minutes late, barring SERIOUS illness, you will lose your deposit. No one will be admitted into class if they are more than 20 minutes late.