NRA Basics of Rifle Shooting
This is an entry level course that teaches the basics of rifle shooting and zeroing in a rifle.
The goal of this class is to teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a rifle safely.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
1. Identify the principal parts of a rifle and types of rifle actions and demonstrate how they function.
2. Explain and apply the NRA rules for safe gun handling.
3. Demonstrate how to use a rifle in a safe manner.
4. Identify the different components of a rifle cartridge.
5. Explain how to properly identify and store ammunition.
6. State the major types of malfunctions and how to react to them.
7. Explain the fundamentals of rifle shooting.
8. Safely demonstrate how to shoot a rifle from the different shooting positions.
9. Explain the basic guidelines for selecting and purchasing a rifle.
10. Demonstrate how to sight a rifle in using both iron sights and optics.
COST OF CLASS:
$150.00 per person
$135.00 per person if coming as a couple or as a returning student
*$75.00 deposit due at registration
20% off for active duty military or law enforcement discount
**The deposit is refundable or transferrable as long as you cancel with 72 hours notice. If you cancel within the 72 hours, we can transfer you to another date one time. If you fail to show up the day of class or are more than 20 minutes late, barring SERIOUS illness, you will lose your deposit.